Saturday, October 21, 2006

Gocco flash & swap

Today was the 2nd Gocco flash & swap, and it was much quieter than the last one. Only 2 of the 5 people who rsvp came (2 canceled and 1 was a no show), and only 1 of them had a project to work on. Diane was still working on her dollar bill project but was having 2nd thoughts about the distribution process -- she doesn't want to get thrown in jail, even though we promised we'd visit ("but I have children!"). Rachel didn't have a project ready but came to be social anyhow. I did send them home with bags of quinces from the tree.

I'll try hosting another flash & swap and see how that goes, but it may not be as much of a hit as I figured it'd be.

Yeah, when I was planning my POS tour tomorrow, I noticed that the 'artist by category' listing didn't even list me in the right category! I checked my application, yes, I did say 'watercolors & gouache', but they didn't list me there. That, along with printing my image sideways and REALLY dark, makes me rather unhappy. I wonder how much that has to do with my 30% decrease in traffic this year.

No comments: