Thursday, December 08, 2011

Two hummingbirds



Hummingbird of the Day, gouache & acrylic, 12"x12", 2011



Hummingbird of the Night, gouache & acrylic, 12"x12", 2011

Doing a commission is a lot different than doing something without a final client in mind, especially in this case where stories were provided, although I was able to add my own little twists to the basic premise. Definitely not the usual mode of operation around these parts where I'm making up the story as I go, and changing the rules as I go. The final images are above, here are some process photos:







Initially, I wanted the two pieces to be bolted together and so the rocks continue from the right into the left piece. But after I completed them both, I decided they were better on their own.





6 comments:

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

These are very beautiful, Shu Ju!! Bravo! Thanks for sharing the progress photos. Best. . .

margaret said...

Beautiful, Shu-Ju. Along with wonderful birds, you do perfect clouds.

fingerstothebone said...

Thanks, everyone. They were shipped off last Friday, due at their destination this Friday. Hopefully, the client is as happy with them as you are!

gl. said...

wow! these are quite keen!

ScottDanielCook said...

I like the multitude of color! Great Job!

fingerstothebone said...

Thank you, gl & Scott!