Saturday, September 30, 2006

Cards or no cards?

Originally, we were off to see Maryhill Double today, the installation across the river from the Maryhill Museum. Just as we were about to leave, I realized that the site is only open on Sundays! Although we could see the installation from the Museum across the river, we would not be able to get into the installation site. So after talking it over, M said he can move his Sunday plans around so we can do that on Sunday.

I had a hard time settling down to do any work though, since I was all set to take the day off. Finally managed to get myself to try the C88+ some more, figuring that I might print up some cards of my paintings to sell at Portland Open Studios. Tried several cardstock, different printer settings, etc.

Later in the evening, we went to an outdoor showing of Shaolin Soccer in Old Town/Chinatown, along the newly refurbished Festival Street. The movie was ok, I thought Kung Fu Hustle was much better (same director), but it was fun to attend an outdoor movie. Hadn't been to one of those since I was a little kid.

No comments: