Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Moving along

I had some ideas where I wanted the image to go, so I tried this:



I wanted to bring some movements in, I've been using the moth to denote vanity, so that fit the image well. I also liked the way it looked (those were just taped on there); I painted one moth in. And I didn't like it. Took the moth out.

After staring at it for so long, I finally just took a big brush and some zinc white, and started putting in the movements in big strokes. Still not sure what I think of this yet, but I think I'll leave it for now. Maybe I'll go back and bring the lotus back out again.



And right, the punch line to the story with Buddha -- the Monkey King returned to where he left Buddha, "I flew to the end of the world, surely I escaped your palm! And I left my mark on a stone there."

Buddha held out his hand, "you mean this?" On Buddha's finger, you could read "The Monkey King was here," and there was still a little wet spot.

No comments: