Sunday, April 12, 2009

Two (temporary title)

I finally started working on my exchange with Artist X. So this is in response to her piece that she did in response to my Prosperity Soup to be Eaten in the Dark, which I finally finished. (It's not too different from where I last left it, but some of the details are brought out a bit more.)

This was where it started yesterday. As always, I love ambiguity in interpretation—is the braid menacingly wrapping itself around the obelisk and about to rip it out of the ground, or is the sword about to cut the braid off? I'm carrying forward the idea I used in Trip, in addition to responding to her piece.



The idea that you don't really have the two choices listed above as the two are quite connected to each other is starting to take shape. The egg shapes are forming too, and no, it's not because it's Easter weekend, it's an actual response to her piece. She used egg forms in her piece, although they were without the shells, just yokes floating in egg whites. Here I've put them back together again. But I'm not liking the curliques.



Where I left it for tonight: the curliques are backed out (as much as that's possible in this medium), and the peony is in place. Right now I'm thinking that all four of the eggs need to be whole eggs, but I'll sleep on it.



Although now that I'm looking at it again, I'm liking the curliques better...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without reading your text, I thought it's something about Rapunzel.

Shumei

fingerstothebone said...

Rapunzel! That works too!

Michael5000 said...

Coolness. Your curliques are always awesome, too. I may try to do a fingersesque curlique quilting pattern someday, when I've got the skillz.