Thursday, April 09, 2009

Deadlines

11 days—I think that's the longest I've gone without jotting down something since I started The Last Bedroom. I haven't had any enquiries as to my whereabouts, health, or premature death though. But since you didn't ask...

Lets see...taxes, grant application deadline and Portland Open Studios transitioning into 2009 tour year have been keeping me busy. And I was gone for an exciting 3-day weekend of exhibits and workshop in Seattle this last weekend. More about those in the next few days after I get back on schedule with regular life.

The exciting news for today is that we have a new front door! For a while now, the door frame had had a big crack, the bolt did not bolt, and the lock barely latched. Somebody could've broken in with their little finger probably. But anyhow, that's all fixed. We have a nice new door (the old door was pretty dinged up so we just got a new one) that actually functions. Yay! Now I just have to paint it when the whether gets a little nicer.

2 comments:

gl. said...

congrats on the new door! but if you were dead, how could we email to ask about it? is this a koan?

fingerstothebone said...

I might be able to respond from the 'other side.' You won't know until you try!