Friday, October 03, 2008

PR, PR, and more PR

My eyeballs are about to fall out.

Spent 10+ hours yesterday dealing with photos, the new blog, sending out announcements, etc. And today, after the critique group meeting (more about that later), it was onto the postcard design for the Relay/Replay show at the John Wilson Special Collections. It took me way longer than it should've..."oh, border or no border? Yes! No! Yes! No!" (No border now, and I'm not going to look at it again.)

Got it all finshed at 4:46pm, 4 minutes before the deadline. And since the '3 business days' turn around time does not include the weekend, I decided I might as well hold it until I could get Jim to take a look. I'll send it off in time for Monday morning. I was hoping to get the postcards back for this coming weekend for Portland Open Studios, but it's not gonna happen.

The critique group—this will be our 2nd collaborative effort. The first one, we ended up each doing our own thing for the show at Austin Peay. This one, our group got smaller (6 to 4), and we came upon a topic that not only do we all care about, but we can each approach it from all the different angles that we care to. (Did that sentence make sense?)

So the meetings have been fruitful, and we're starting to work on it already. I have a list of things to PROCURE and gocco screens to make. Exhibit is on for March, need to ship out Feb. So we don't have a whole lot of time.

No comments: