Sunday, August 09, 2009

Ah...much better!

I painted the front of the window frame (the parts that face the room) a darker shade of purply red (left-over from another project), and it's 100% better:



Before, the orange window just commanded all your attention (well, all my attention anyhow) whenever I was in the room. Now it's much more civilized.

On the broadside

I've been mocking up my Write Around Portland broadside. Despite not wanting to take the extra time to mail-order my paper, I ended up mail-ordering it anyhow, because the Rives Lightweight at the local store is, as usual, all creased up. They really have trouble keeping that paper flat & crease-free. So now it will be the middle of next week before I have my paper, and I'd be gone then. So realistically, I won't be able to start printing until the week after. That's still enough time, so that's good.

Here's the mockup. There's a lot more text. I'm playing around adding some of the text like they're the patterns on the Aspen tree trunk. I'm not sure that I'll do it the way I've started it here; I might just do it to suggest the volume of the trunk instead.

2 comments:

Waterbed Mattress said...

I love your orange window.

fingerstothebone said...

You mean the old orange window, before I darkened the front? I don't think I could live with it like that long term. I'm much happier with it now, with the darker front and the orange highlight...I actually quite like the two toned look!