Friday, August 28, 2009

The struggle may (or may not) be over



So there it is, the text printed, the leaves printed. I'm not sure that I'm so happy about it. It took me three ink mixes before I found the right color for the darker color of the leaves. I wanted the colors to move, ie, to not be so perfectly registered, so that the leaves looked like they were quaking in the wind. I don't think I like the result though.

So I made 2 more screens today, to give the leaves a bit more definition, and after printing up a few more, I decided I liked that even less. So here I am, leaving well enough alone, for now. See this entry for where it was before I added the text and the darker color of the leaves.

Now I'm back to finish prepping my 7x7 boards.

6 comments:

gl. said...

i think it's gorgeous. i never got a chance to say how awesome this project sounds. bravo!

fingerstothebone said...

Thanks, gl, glad to have the positive feedback; that helps w/ the 'thinking it over' part.

helen said...

your work is very beautiful and it looks like you keep busy!

trollop said...

this looks awesome, even if not exactly as you'd pictured

fingerstothebone said...

helen & trollop -- thanks for the encouragement. The broadsides are numbered and signed, and waiting to be delivered. And I have to say, I'm going to miss them! After spending over 2 weeks lavishing a whole lot of attention on them, I got attached...

gl. said...

that's good; after all that trouble you had i thought you'd be ready to burn them. :)