Friday, December 15, 2006

Storm damage

The windstorm hit last night, just as they promised. We woke up this morning to 2 broken skylights and a lot of 5"-6" diameter, 10' long Doug fir branches on our deck. I haven't had the chance to walk around the yard yet to see what else is there. So it was a flurry of phone calls -- insurance, roofers. The earliest a roofer can come out is Monday, not surprising given the amount of damage all over town. Good thing the sky lights are double paned, although water is collecting in there, we're at least not (yet) exposed to the elements. This would be the 3rd time a windstorm has brought down branches which then broke the skylights.

Then it was another flurry of calls because I've been asked to co-curate a printmakers' bookarts show! Of course I accepted right away. And there's not a moment to lose, since the show is going up in March. Did some research online, trying to locate, contact, and just plain trying to remember some names.

By the time I was ready to head out to Wong's King to put down the deposit for Mike's b-day, the weather was turning bad again. It was snowing and hailing as I left the house, but turned to rain and slush shortly after. I'm not sure why they wouldn't take a credit card over the phone; I had to go in person. Stopped in at the bakery to see about ordering a cake. I know, yet another errands day on Friday, what bad planning.

No comments: