Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Gocco, wontons, and chocolate sauce

What do these have in common? Well, as it would turn out, they work pretty well together. I was able to print 12pt text onto wonton skins by using the gocco printer to print and chocolate sauce as my 'ink'. I was playing around with making something edible (more or less) and readable for the IPRC text ball. After baking in the toaster oven, they become sort of like chips, and the texts are still legible; with some tasty dip, I think it would work pretty well. I'll make 'fortunes' by printing text directly onto strips of wonton skin and baking them.

I think I'll go as 'My Name is Red'. I have some wool things that have gotten holey from moths. I felted them tonight in the washer and dryer. I'll either gocco the text or embroider the text on them.

Outside of that, it's oy with dropdown menus for Alice's web site. I'm starting to make a little progress but it's a lot more complex than I can do in a day or two. Went out and bought a book, but after looking through it tonight, I don't think it's quite what I need; I think I'll return it tomorrow.

No comments: