Monday, October 30, 2006

My Name is Red


One of my favorite books, which I will be dressed as for the IPRC text ball. I'm just part way through working on the costume, but I'm afraid it's not terribly creative, just a literal interpretation. There are a couple of nice touches though. The book starts with a corpse talking, which for a close-to-Halloween party, it's sort of related. The corpse was an illuminator, so I did the text in gold. I'm thinking about emphasizing the word 'felt', since I felted the sweater (hahaha) first. But then again, maybe I won't. I'll do the back side tomorrow. The moth holes will be covered up with round red droplets of 'ink' that I'll applique over the holes.

Spent a little time working on Alice's web site update, but today was mostly an errands day -- Costco, groceries, etc.

No comments: