Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Late breaking news

On my way home from dropping off the extra Portland Open Studios tour guides, I had an accident. While getting on 217 from 26, I lost control of the car on the on ramp. I thought I had a flat tire. I decided that if I had a flat tire, I shouldn't be getting on the freeway; so I hit the breaks and at that point, really had no control of the car and hit the cement guard. Luckily, there were no other cars around, and I managed to get the car onto the shoulder. I was pretty lucky, after that, it was non-stop traffic, and I saw a few cars swerving around at the same spot. So maybe it was a slippery patch there.

There was no flat tire, but I banged up the wheel a little bit. I waited in the car for a while, thinking someone would stop, but nobody did. I finally got out, stood by the side of the road and made telephone gestures at the cars driving by. Someone stopped pretty quickly and I called AAA. The tow truck came in about 5 minutes and we were off to the garage. And now I'm home, a little sore that I had, on a lark, decided to go 26 instead of Walker. But one never knows, something else might've happened had I taken Walker. Anyhow, glad to be home and not hurt.

This does mean that I have to cancel my library gig this afternoon. So I guess I'll clean my studio instead. So that's how this entry is connected to what's happening in the studio.

No comments: