Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MiT book, bonus day

Jim at the library didn't need me today, so I got some printing done! Here's the first envelope for senior #2's book.

I made a screen with an image measuring 5"x8.5". But for the first 2 impressions, I only needed a 5"x7" segment. Here you can see that I put down a strip of artist's tape at 7", which gave me the 5"x7" area I needed.



After that, I pulled up on the artist's tape and inked up the remaining 5"x1.5" of the screen. This was used to print the other side of the 10"x17" sheet of nepal light, in 4 quadrants. Here with 2 quadrants printed. The print bleeds through the thin paper, which will be just fine for these designs:



And here with all 4 quadrants printed. That the quadrants don't all meet up exactly doesn't matter; you won't be able to see that. They'll be either on the wrong side, or on a fold:



Here they are on the drying rack. I love seeing them all together like that. I should maybe think about printing up some full sheets of nepal light, or medium, to use (or to sell) as cover paper.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty!

fingerstothebone said...

Hi Anjali! Long time no news; hope you're doing well. Sounds like you've been busy with several projects. I look forward to hearing more about them.

gl. said...

ooo, i like it! very nice pattern and colors.

Michael5000 said...

Oooh, nice!