Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Life with kids

My 8 and 4 year old nieces arrived from Taiwan yesterday (along with my sister), and the Good Kitty has hardly been seen since. The kids were fascinated by the dishwasher and watched closely as I filled the detergent cup and turned it on. All of this probably led to my dreaming that our dishwasher came with a baby-washing feature. There were all these straps and buckles for you to strap the baby in, and it even came with a helmut so the babies wouldn't get water up their noses and ears.

As I was strapping the kid in, I kept on thinking that, somehow, this didn't seem quite right; but the Good Prince kept on saying, "yeah, yeah, that's how you're supposed to do it," and reminding me "how happy the baby was after her last bath through the dishwasher."

All of this is a long way of saying, I probably won't be getting much studio time in the next few weeks.

4 comments:

gl. said...

or blogging, either, i imagine. have a good time!

Michael5000 said...

Surely she won't let a family visit take her away from her reading public?

fingerstothebone said...

The mind and body are both willing to continue blogging, but oy, it takes forever to get a lot of nothin' done when you've got 2 kids that age to entertain!

margaret said...

I love that dream you had. LMK when the baby washer's ready for beta testing as Roy is ready!