Wednesday, July 02, 2008

MiT book, sewing, sewing, and more sewing

I've been sewing for two days (although not full days), and I've gotten...what, 8 text blocks done?! It's a bit slower going than I was anticipating. I have no appts tomorrow (yeah!), so hope to get some yard work done in the morning, to be followed by more sewing.

Went to the Contemporary Crafts Museum's Kaffeeklatsch on cultural appropriation vs inspiration today. It was a bit more free form discussion than I figured, but was interesting. Shelley and I were the only painters/printmakers there; besides us, 2 people from Froelick, a curator from the museum, another artist who does beading, an intern from an interior design firm, so an assortment of people.

The non-Random Movie tonight — Wanted. It was entertaining in a ridiculous way, although awfully violent. I didn't like that they strapped little bombs to rats though, and they didn't put up a disclaimer that no animals were hurt. We saw WALL-E the other night too, and it was pretty sweet, although I didn't think there was much chemistry between the two leads.

2 comments:

gl. said...

the Kaffeeklatsch sounded interesting.

you're doing non-random movies, now?

fingerstothebone said...

We do a non-random movie once in a while. Mostly it'd be because I really want to see the latest action movie! And the Good Prince is just good enough to play along.