Sunday, November 02, 2008

More about that one-thing-leads-to-another style of studio renovation

Ha! Since the Good Prince hasn't been keeping up with my blog, I think I'll just let the renovation be a surprise! Besides, like everything else I do, it will take so long and the changes will be so gradual, he may not even notice. And if he does notice, well, I'll just say that it gives both rooms better air circulation (which is true). He always goes for that.

Will it be my dream studio? Well, my dream studio is that ultra modern addition that we will add on the top of the house in my next life. So this will just be the knock-down-the-wall studio; it will definitely be better than what I've got now and it will be terrific, if not quite dreamy.

In the honesty-has-its-own-rewards department

Remember that I decided belatedly last night that I needed more shelves? So I went back to the store first thing in the morning and got another bundle. The cashier rang it up and it was $34.99.

I said, "I think it's supposed to be $44.99."

The cashier checked and, "nope, it's $34.99."

"Really? I paid $44.99 last night."

"Oh, it went on sale this morning."

"Hmmm, well, that's a bummer, I just bought it last night."

"Take your receipt to customer service, you'll probably get your $10 back."

And as luck would have it, I did have the receipt, and they did give me my $10 back!

In the it-always-takes-longer-than-you-think-department

But of course I'm still not finished cleaning and reorganizing everything. The shelves are in. After much struggle. Those pre-drilled holes are convenient, but not always the most accurately aligned. The room is looking much nicer already.

And I found a bundle of old greeting cards from the 90's, some gocco printed, a few woodblock printed, and some color-copied. IPRC is having their auction and they said they'd be happy to take them off my hands; they might be able to auction off the whole lot and make a few dollars; better than them sitting in my closet and taking up space.

No comments: