Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It doesn't take very much

It doesn't take very much to snow Portland in, and we got 4" this morning. Kids were all out on the streets sledding. I had figured that I'd be eating leftovers tonight and that Mike would get stuck at work, but then he came home early and we decided to make a grocery store run instead. That kind of knocked me off my original intention to work on the shadow book this afternoon...like I say, it doesn't take very much sometimes. Plus, my new Mimi Spencer and Mary Ellen Donald CD and sheet music arrived already from http://www.maqam.com/. Much sooner than I had anticipated (wonderful service). I spent the afternoon listening to the CD and following along in the sheet music.

And of course, immediately after I decided that I wasn't going to pursue Western classical violin lessons any more because more and more I found it boring, I heard Joshua Bell's performance of Bruch's Violin Concerto No. 1 and loved it. Ended up buying the Itzhak Perlman version of it, and am now eyeing the sheet music too. It's probably way too hard for my skill level, but what the heck.

No comments: