Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My new guillotine cutter

I cleaned the studio, found a place for the cutter (aka stack cutter, but I still prefer guillotine cutter), and started assembling it. I can't say I'm impressed with the assembling instructions. I'm also wondering about a couple of things -- there are no manufacturer's marks on there, nor did it come with a warranty card (it's brand new). It's a COME SG-3988 cutter, and I bought it off ebay. The seller seems to have a lot of happy customers who have bought the same cutter, so I guess I'll finish assembling it and at least try it out. I hope I don't have to ship it back, that would be a real pain, and I'd be $85+ in the hole.

Went to see the 18 Painters show at Mount Hood Comm College with Alex. It was a fun morning, and it was a good chance to get to know Alex a little bit. Got hear a little bit about the frustrations of teaching art (not about the teaching part, but about the insecure nature of the job, and no benefits, etc). Illuminating.

Stopped in at the Powells that just opened up in Cedar Hills (they moved it from down by us to up there, phooey). It's definitely nice and big, but I still prefer that it's closer to us instead.

No comments: