Thursday, May 17, 2007

Critique group collaboration

Last time we met, we started working on 2 bag dresses and I brought one home to finish. I added the lacy trim below the fur, and I crocheted the string of gold coins. This was a malt bag, 25kg, as you see.



And this was the back, while I was jiggling it. Used up almost all the gold coins left from my belly dancing days.



This 'dress' and the other are more or less experiments, although the elements might get taken off and used for a final piece. The discussion tonight was excellent and we definitely have better ideas on what we're doing for the exhibit, and we're definitely moving in the bag/dress direction.

I'll finally have a day in the studio tomorrow, after the weight room visit. I think I'm going to skip taichi again tomorrow.

No comments: