Monday, September 22, 2008

This 'n that

Today didn't quite turn out to be as I anticipated, and I'm pretty sure I won't finish laminating the prints tomorrow.

It was kind of a weird day though—I showed up at 11am for my appt w/ my trainer, only to see her working with someone else for another half hour. Turns out, she had me down at 11:30am. OK. Then I got home and there was a msg from the dentist, saying that I had an appt tomorrow at 10:20am, but I clearly remembered that my appt was at 9:20am. So I checked my calendar...yup, I wrote down 11am for the appt w/ the trainer, and 9:20am for the dentist.

Then I checked the appt slips that they gave me and, aha!, I was NOT wrong. The trainer wrote 11am on the appt slip she gave me, and the dentist's office manager wrote down 9:20am on the slip she gave me.

I feel so vindicated.

But all that is neither here nor there.

Doug and I went down to look at the neighborhood coffee shop that we'll have a little holiday show at this December. Then I went on down to PDX Contemporary where there was a postcard writing event—some 40, 50 women showed up to write postcards to undecided women voters to persuade them to vote for Obama. I was really impressed with the turnout, but it is hard for me to imagine how anyone can be undecided for this election.

While I was out and about, I also checked Art Media, Utrecht's, and Oblation for a teflon coated bone folder (as suggested by Dr. Russ), but there doesn't seem to be one in Portland!

But back to the election

Here's a campaign to donate money to Planned Parenthood in Sarah Palin's name:

https://secure.ga0.org/02/pp10000_inhonor

Use the menu in the left column and select Honorary or Memorial Donations. This will change the donation application, where you can fill in the address to let PP know where to send the "in Sarah Palin's honor" card.

I got this address off the McCain website contact page:

John McCain 2008
P.O. Box 16118
Arlington, VA 22215

You can split up your donations into smaller chunks to generate more cards sent to McCain (instead of 1 $100 donation, do 10 $10 ones).

Even more election stuff

Apparently, there was an anti-Palin rally in Anchorage that drew a huge crowd. A friend sent 20+ pictures, here are a few to share. I did not see a credit for these photos, but will add if I find out:






No comments: