Sunday, April 15, 2007

Alex's studio

Went over to visit Alex's studio today, to help her get ready for studio visits by a couple of gallery directors this coming week. It was good to see how others live and work in their space. For a starter, her space is about 4 times the size of mine, quite the envy-inducing space with great light, wood floors. And there's her work. There was so much work, good work, finished work, up on the walls. With me, half the stuff goes into the recycling drawers, waiting for me to 'do something else' with them. She's also pretty organized with her materials. We talked a little about her mental process, the transitions from body of work to body of work. It was a great learning experience for me.

Spent the rest of the afternoon putting together a CD of images for Rake's web site. Although I don't have a contract, they've decided to put me up on their web site as a gallery artist, so I guess I'm a gallery artist. From what I hear from other artists, there are almost never contracts, only inventory sheets for each of the work that you deliver to the gallery. I guess I best get working. Still haven't had a chance to get back to the dandelion painting at this point, although I've been mentally working on it. Tomorrow will be a day of doctor's appts. Between that and the weight room, the day's already half gone.

No comments: