Saturday, April 21, 2007

Promises, promises

We entertained tonight, a biennial event. This of course meant house cleaning. Even though I've been doing a little bit everyday for about a week now, it still took most of the afternoon to finish up. Then I had to start cooking. It was a potluck, so I didn't need to make 5 dishes. I made Chinese dumplings, but with lamb (a couple of guests didn't eat pork). I just made them the same way as I would with normal dumplings, just substituted the pork with lamb. It turned out ok, but I think I like the pork ones better.

As for the promises -- I picked up a 3 day old voice message on my phone (no, I'm not in the habit of checking yet) from Jeremy, asking if I'd be ready for a group show in June, with NEW pieces. So of course I said yes. That's only 5 weeks away, and I'll need to finish 3-4 pieces in those 5 weeks! So of course, I spent no time in the studio today.

Wish me luck!

No comments: