Thursday, April 12, 2007

dandelion painting

Finally got started with the dandelion painting that has been floating around in my head for a couple of weeks. Here's how it's starting.



And here's after I've scrubbed it. I'm using a new pad of watercolor paper, Arches Aquarelle hot press, which I haven't used before, and it's a little different than what I'm used to. It's also the first time I'm using one of those watercolor blocks. We'll see how it works. The paint seems to sit on this paper surface a lot more, so I can't scrub it too much before it all mixes too much, or comes off all together.



I've worked on it some more after I took the pictures, so maybe more pictures tomorrow. Met with the critique group tonight at Anne's. We worked on some burlap dresses while talking about various grant possibilities. Came home with a burlap dress to finish.

The big excitement today was that a battery that we were charging went POOF, and a lot of smoke came out. I had just, I mean JUST, walked into the house, coming home from getting a haircut, when I heard this puff of smoke. Then I saw the battery smoking. It looked so much like water steam that I was confused for a bit, then I smelled it. I quickly unplugged the thing and took it outside, and that was when I noticed that it was dripping too. And this was a brand new battery; we just bought this cordless drill/screwdriver last night, for putting together the raised vegetable bed. So much for that!

No comments: