Thursday, November 30, 2006

There it is!



The 2007 exhibit brochure from Maryhill museum, with a picture of Fatherland in there! I've sent off a query to see if I can get more copies. They got the date wrong; I did it this year (2006) in the spring, but it's labeled as 2003; I don't suppose that matters too much.

This today was balanced out by my rejection from Beaverton Visual Arts Showcase which arrived at the same time. I don't have very good luck with this show, I've been rejected 3 out of 4 times that I've entered; I think maybe I'm just not their thing. Every year I think I won't enter again, but the next time it comes up, I waste another $20. Hope springs eternal I guess. For the record, these were the 2 pieces they rejected -- Look at Them Girls in Their Pretty Brocades and The Three Vanities.





Collected some materials that I might use for the Monkey/King piece. Can't work on it tonight, I'll need to do it outside (for ventilation); so if weather permits, tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sundry said...

The brochure looks great! Congrats.

Love the moths. What were they thinking, turning them down? Your layering is always inventive.

Liz Dwyer said...

This is absolutely lovely! Keep submitting your work because it just radiates such a lovely and positive energy. I looked at some of the pieces on your site. What are your prices? If you want, you can email me at los.angelista@gmail.com