Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Disappointing results

I tried the Van Gogh + pigment + baby oil again today, on a separate print run all by itself. I had high hopes that it would work out great, and it did, for about 3 prints. Then the screen started to clog up, and by the 20th print, all I was getting was a halo. I scraped the ink off, cleaned the screen, reinked. Then I got 3 more good prints, followed by halos only.

Each time I scraped off the ink and cleaned the screen, I got 3 more good prints. This was obviously not working as I anticipated. What might've gone wrong --

1) That I mixed the dry pigment with the white ink, and the powder may not have been fine enough to go through the screen(seems likely)?
2) Somehow using the baby oil made the ink dry faster (I don't think so).
3) Something else all together?

The next thing to do is to try the straight Van Gogh and see how it does.

The movie tonight was The Namesake. It was just ok. Other than Mississippi Masala and Salaam Bombay, I really haven't particularly cared for Mira Nair's movies all that much, those that I've seen (Monsoon Wedding, Vanity Fair, and now The Namesake).

No comments: