Saturday, March 03, 2007

Panic attack

As I was getting into bed last night, I suddenly had a panic attack -- I had taken my pristine, beautifully printed books and marked them all up! I didn't even remember to keep one unpainted, so I have it to remember how clean and well printed it was (!). I still think it's the right thing to do -- that it should be marked up, scratched up, smeared and smudged -- but it's hard to not have the clean/beautiful thing any more. At least I think it was the right thing to do...in either case, it's a done deal now. I'm all finished with the front side, and half way finished with the back side.

Tomorrow, we're off to visit Suzy Bennett out in Corbett. She's a painter and a conservator of Tibetan thangka paintings. We'll stop at Multnomah to have a late breakfast before heading out to Corbett.

No comments: