Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ouch!

Went to Utrecht's and didn't find anything suitable for making a little container for the book. Art Media next. Art Media now seems to have this 'concierge.' The last couple of times I've been there, after a couple minutes, she'd be there asking if I needed help. So today, I took her up on it, since I wasn't finding what I was looking for.

I explained that I needed a fairly heavy weight paper, but smooth, to make a small container for a book. She showed me a bunch of watercolor papers, which was not what I was after. So I asked if they carried Arches Cover Gray. She said, no they didn't. Which is fine, and she could've just left it at that. She should've just left it at that. But she went on to say "we only carry materials for students and pros."

Ouch!

I wonder how many people she insults in a days work? I hope she does that every time someone asks for something they don't carry...I hope I'm not special.

Well, I ended up with some Fabriano. I'm not sure that's what I'd use. And I don't believe what she said about the Beaverton store not having it, if the downtown store doesn't have it. I know I've seen it locally, somewhere.

Finished putting the covers on this afternoon. I found a piece of fuzz under the plexi on one that I did yesterday. So cross that one off.

When I was out on my walk tonight, I thought of a great idea, which of course involves printing one more layer on the back of the book. Now that the covers are on, I'll need to see if it will work. Tomorrow. The movie tonight was Black Snake Moan, a pretty intense movie. You couldn't tell which way it was going to go, it could all end very well, or it could all end very badly. I had my eyes closed and fingers in my ears towards the end...

No comments: