Thursday, October 18, 2007

Good printer, but won't you hurry up?

I spent all day printing, I scheduled my errands, chores, meals, and other art related work around print jobs. I'd figure out how long an errand/chore/meal would take, and schedule the print jobs accordingly, then get back to my printer in time to start the next one. And I'm not finished printing yet!

I'm not complaining, just enumerating the facts. The facts are: it's an Epson C88+ printer, which I bought for $100 last year (which included the first set of CMYK cartridges), and during 2006 Portland Open Studios, I sold about $600 worth of greeting cards printed on that printer. So I'm hoping to repeat last year's performance. I do not remember that it took nearly this long to print the cards last year though. It seems to be printing 8-10 cards an hour today. I'm giving it the night off, and will start up again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Michael5000 said...

If this isn't "complaining," is it a "sorry excuse"? Just curious....

fingerstothebone said...

I had to think about this a bit, but I think it's neither a complaint nor a sorry excuse. It's just good old fashioned factual reporting.