Thursday, October 11, 2007

Surprise!

I was looking at today's Home & Garden section and saw that a Portland Open Studios artist's garden was highlighted. I read through the article (wonderful garden and very fun ceramic garden sculptures) and then noticed that I was listed in the West Side Highlights section as having a garden to visit.

So I spent the bulk of the day pulling weeds out in the yard! And also setting some concrete chunks (for paths) that I'd been meaning to do for a couple of years. It really doesn't take too long to get a lot done (or what seems like a lot), but I'm either in studio mode or in garden mode, and these last couple of years, it's mostly been studio mode and not garden mode (unless really, really necessary).

Then my credit card gizmo showed up, but by the time I cleaned up and all, I missed the window to call in for my 'phone training' session. So that will be tomorrow.

Picked up some museum board today. Tomorrow will be matting & mounting, and photographing.

Tonight was the first China Council annual meeting since Rosario died. It felt strange not having him there. When we were first talking about going out to the Alvord Desert for the Moon Festival next year, the first thing I thought of was how Rosario would've liked that so much.

No comments: