Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pudding issue #23, day 3...and I'm a redhead!

OK, finished printing the cover page for Pudding #23. They should be dry and in the mail by Saturday! At last.

And the topic of women & facial hair (and no hair) seems to have struck up some interest (see comments in this entry). And gl—I don't just think I have a funny shaped head, I know I have a funny shaped head! But in either case, having just had my hair turned red today, I'm not going to shave it off any time soon

Especially since it took forever: I went in for my once every 6 months hair cut today. Unfortunately, the guy who cuts my hair, who's actually a neighbor and was doing it out of his house (and I could just walk there), had moved to a salon across town. And since I went all the way out there, I figured I might as well go all the way and have my hair tinted Scarlet (that was the official color name).

I thought this was something you shampooed into your hair and washed off. But noooooo. You paint it on with a brush, hair by hair by hair. Well, it seemed like that anyhow. Anyhow, THAT, took all afternoon.

So where my hair had turned white, it's now a coppery red; where it was still black...it's still black. I think in the sunlight, you can probably see a red cast. The Good Prince, being color-blind, can't see anything different. I think you can see the copper in this shot:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could've ask me before you try to become a redhead. I did that ages ago and found out it doesn't work at all. I have to tell people that I dyed my hair and they can only see a glint of the color when really strong light hit my head. I wondered for a few seconds why you're showing the world a head-scratching shot! BTW, can't see red at all on my computer. You should try using henna, I think that's shampood in, or on? But needs multiple washing before it shows.

Shumei

fingerstothebone said...

I did it a couple of times years before too (once blue, once red). Like yours, they showed just in the sunlight, and they were just shampooed in. But I have a lot more white hair now (!) and the red really shows on those. Although they're mostly underneath and not so much on the top. I don't really like the way henna looks (lots of my friends henna their hair), so I didn't try that.

gl. said...

hmmmm, looks like something to see in person. are you going to see the secrets & lies opening?

fingerstothebone said...

gl -- the GBW is meeting at 23 Sandy on April 8, so I was going to do that.

Michael5000 said...

...only four days after ~I~ became a redhead. I'm sure you are going to claim it's just some kind of crazy coincidence....

fingerstothebone said...

M5K -- may I see your documentation on that?