Saturday, November 10, 2007

Lucky birds

Two weeks go by quickly and Monday is yard debris pickup again. Cleaned up the pile of branches at the base of the Douglas firs, and also cleaned the bird feeders and bird baths, which had all fallen out of care in the last 6 months or so. Unlike previous years when I'd had sightings of a few of the more unusual birds, this year has been very quiet in the bird front. Hopefully we'll get the birdies coming back soon.

I spent a bit of time trying to figure out a solution to my pillow book problem (see this entry), but I'm not really happy with anything I've come up with yet, so didn't work on that at all today. Went to the Boxlift building's open studio event...they really know how to do it up, with a band and all. I bought a small drawing of a geranium from Mulysa Melco. I sold my geranium painting a couple of years back, and I thought it would be nice to have another, this time by another artist.

Tomorrow afternoon is the small notebooks gocco class. I'm off to bed early so I can get up early and get ready for the class. (But I now see that it's past midnight already.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've also noticed the lack of birds so far this fall, but they are now slowly coming back. We had a flicker at the feeder last week.

fingerstothebone said...

I had thought maybe it was because I wasn't taking good care of the feeders, but maybe there's something else going on? I'm very much looking forward to having the birds in the yard again. Especially in the winter time, it's so much fun to have all the activities in the yard!