Friday, November 30, 2007

Portland Art Center fundraiser piece, day...n

I uploaded the photo from yesterday, but now I don't see it; not sure what happened. But here's the photo from today, the finished piece:



As far as title, I can't decide whether to go with 'Blue Magnolia' or 'Ruins', or maybe something else all together. 'Ruins' was kind of what I had in mind from early on, back when it was still on paper. I had the sense that it was an abandoned/burnt out building, but the magnolia tree had come back and was blooming. Here, on the panel, I don't so much have the sense of something abandoned/burnt a while ago, but rather, it's in the middle of the process of falling apart now.

See this entry for day n-2.

Went to the frame shop and found 2 ready made frames the right size, already fitted with uv conservation glass. Goodies, I thought. Brought them home and started framing, and realized that the frames were plastic! I thought about it and thought about it and thought about it, and decided to return them, which I shall do tomorrow.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

It's quite lovely....