Saturday, June 02, 2007

A little R & R

Yay! I dropped off my paintings at Rake this afternoon for the June show, wrapped up the business end of it (statement, title list, images, etc), so that's taken care of. And even though I'm unexpectedly heading over to Bend for Sunday and Monday, I decided to go ahead with my original plan of taking a little time off anyhow.

So after installing the chicken wire mesh at the bottom of the raised vegetable bed -- which is not as easy as one might think, the roll of chicken wire doesn't just unfurl, and in fact it was quite the struggle to unroll it -- I went shopping for a new bag. Didn't find anything that was just exactly right, but I got a pair of earrings instead.

But back to the vegetable bed -- this spot was originally full of irises and daylilies, which I dug up 2 years ago. Then I started a compost pile on the spot. When we were ready to install the bed, I moved the compost over...you can see it just to the left there. Now it's ready for me to dump the compost back in there (and I have another pile that I'll add to it), top it off with some clean soil, and plant! Which was what I would've done tomorrow, if I weren't going to Bend. Of course, instead of going shopping, I really should've worked on my grant workshop assignment. But I really felt like taking the afternoon off, and I'm glad I did. So take that!

No comments: