Saturday, December 01, 2007

More about Portland Art Center's fund raiser...

Delivered my panel to PAC today and took the opportunity to walk around and check out the few pieces that were already there. Lots and lots of interesting stuff, you can tell many people were experimenting. Some of my favorite artists are participating, so I'm hoping everything would be hung by Tuesday afternoon and I can check things out after I deliver my pieces for the print show at City Hall. Although my guess is that the big names will already be sold even by then.

The title I finally decided on -- On the Edge of Her Seat She Watches. I wanted to play up the tension between the bird sitting there so calmly while there's all this commotion swirling around her. The blue magnolia didn't need any more attention drawn to it.

Exchanged the frames I got yesterday for something much nicer and framed up Trixie the Poetry Car and The Mysterious Gift Horse for the City Hall show. Haven't heard back from there regarding having someone else 'table' for me on Thursday. I guess I'll find out when I find out.

4 comments:

gl. said...

oh! you're in the printing show at city hall! i get it now. anyway, i was surprised to see you listed as "Shu-Ju Wang Studios" rather than Fingers to the Bone. have you changed it or has that always been your formal name?

fingerstothebone said...

I've never formally used a studio name, nor a press name; fingerstothebone is just my web site name, which I chose on a whim back in 2000. I was thinking that if I decided to make and sell cards, the association with the bone folder was kind of cute—you know, my fingers to the bone folder. Although I didn't pursue that route, I stuck with the web site name.

So now it's confusing. I'm not really sure what I want to do about it though. I don't really see a need for a studio name, nor press name, when it's just me. ??

gl. said...

oh, bone folders. ha! i never made that connection. but i always wondered about that name.

your name alone totally works; i just hadn't heard it with the 'studios' attached to the end. :)

fingerstothebone said...

Yeah, I told City Hall that I just used my name, but they attached 'Studios' to it. I figured that it was not a big deal...besides, it was a done deal by the time I saw it!