Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cat Box Relocation victory!

For almost a week, I've been taking the cat down to the new litter box spot two or three times a day, 15-30 minutes after I feed her or give her a treat. And she had steadfastly (is that a word?) refused to go in. In the mean time, I noticed that the box in the old location has been used for #1 at least a couple of times, but no #2's. (It had been at least 2 days...)

This morning, I came downstairs to check my mail, read the news, etc. Only when I was finished did I remember to check the box. And miracle of miracles, apparently sometime during the night, she used it, for a #2!

Now, aren't you all happy that I don't have a real baby. Just imagine the stuff I'd talk about.

I had already resigned myself to the necessity of locking myself and the cat up downstairs for a few days until she cooperates. And now it seems that we have both escaped that fate.

This being a typical Sunday, full of the usual chores, THAT was the most exciting news.

2 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Felicitations.

gl. said...

it's a good thing most people i know didn't read my blog when my cat amelia was around; she had "problems" i couldn't always keep to myself. :) congrats on your cat victory!