Friday, February 29, 2008

Lake Oswego Chronicles piece, day 10

I seem to have settled on a regular schedule of visiting RSM on Sun/Mon & Wed/Thurs, leaving me with Fri/Sat/Tues to myself. So once again, today and tomorrow are painting days. (And yard work days, too, now that the weather is more agreeable.)

So here's where I'm at, not sure that I'm headed in the right direction today. Added the bird's nest in the tree and started working on the fireworks. I'm thinking that I liked the really free color orbs before today's change better. I'm also not sure about the bird's nest. It sounded like a fine idea, but...



Here's a version with the nest removed. I think I do like it better this way, but I wonder if I've just gotten used to looking at it this way?

2 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Ooh, I've been looking forward to the fireworks. It's interesting to watch/listen to all your doubts about this painting. I think it's yummy, myself.

fingerstothebone said...

M5K, I appreciate the positive feedback! I really do!