Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Talking about my work...

I'm to give a talk at a high school tomorrow about my book arts work, so today was prep day for that. I'll be doing a 3 part talk, to cover inspirations, process, and show some actual work. I'm reusing some of the materials from my PSU talk, then adding the images I have from the making of Calypso (the PG rated ones). I'll bring the experiments I did with the plexi for Calypso as well as a bunch of books the kids can handle.

But oy! I have to be there at 7:30am! I hope I'll be awake. The problem is, I'm usually not in the mood for coffee in the morning, so we'll see how I manage.

Finished hemming the screen for the guest bedroom, now officially dubbed the Bollywood Bridal Chamber. I need to install a curtain hook of some kind so that the panels can be moved out of the way. I have these door knobs (not the round ones, but the ones with the handles) I saved from back when the locks stopped working on them. They're just the perfect size and shape for using as curtain hooks, except that because of the mechanisms, they won't mount flush to the wall. So I'm still thinking.

4 comments:

gl. said...

sleep well & good luck!

Michael5000 said...

Cooool! Is it an art class? What school? Details!

In the last couple of weeks, I've presented about refugees to a PCC class and been a judge/moderator for Constitutional law presentations for a couple of middle school classes. A blast both times! Teaching minus prep, grading, and classroom management is toooo fun!

Anonymous said...

Isn't high schoolers old enough to have the R-rated version? I tried to leave you this message yesterday, but blogger won't cooperate. I think there's nothing that high school students haven't seen before in that work. Well, not artwise/creativity-wise

Shumei

fingerstothebone said...

Yes, probably. I'm sure they've seen everything on TV already. But since these are not my kids, I figure I better play it safe.