Thursday, February 28, 2008

MiT, 1st senior, day 6

It seems like I've gone from day 4 with senior #1 (my Mercury) to day 6, but actually, the last entry was mislabeled; it should've been day 5. Day 4 was attached to 2nd senior day 4.

It was a beautiful sunny day here in Portland and when I arrived at RSM, I found my Mercury sitting outside enjoying the sun. We ended up staying out for a little bit as she chatted with other residents and got a late start on the watercolor session.

She's so very keen on impressionistic sunsets and wanted to another today (her first was also a sunset scene). Except today, she got 1/2 way and suddenly leaned back in her chair and announced "I'm tired." I guess she had a pretty social day, sitting outside and visiting with people, which was good, but it wore her out too.

As I'm getting to know her better, I'm forming more ideas for her book. At this point, I don't think I'll use the first 2 prints we did with her. I don't think her heart was in their selection and they probably don't mean much to her.

The highlight of the day was the talk at the museum on the Persian poetry that inspired so much of the Persian miniature paintings. The speaker (Richard Davis) was a great speaker, funny and knowledgeable. Only it was too short!

No comments: