Wednesday, February 06, 2008

MiT, 2nd senior, day 1

I met my 2nd senior today. Similar situation as the 1st senior — moved up here in the last 8 months or so from sunny Southwest; didn't want to move but children moved her up anyhow. However, it's clear that she has a very different personality. 2nd senior says that was her life before, and now she has a new life; she's taking art classes (and seems very enthusiastic about it); she's thinking about playing the violin again. So I hope these are good signs! I was pretty wired up even though I hardly slept last night and didn't have any coffee, just from being nervous I think.

Started to take over some of the Portland Open Studios web site updates. Not sure that I want to make really big changes to the web site, it will take so much time. On the other hand, I think the look & feel needs updating.

Spent the rest of the day de-cluttering. I want to get the upstairs spare bedroom cleaned up so it can be a real guest bedroom, leaving the downstairs bedroom for gocco projects.

3 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Not sure that I want to make really big changes to the web site, it will take so much time.

I like the big jaunty arrow-on yellow, but the navigation system does feel kind of 2003....

gl. said...

i'm surprised they want to change the website, actually. wasn't bonnie in charge of it?

fingerstothebone said...

gl -- Bonnie decided to give me the web site, which is fine. Although I don't want to put a huge amount of time into it, I do think it needs some updating though.