Sunday, February 24, 2008

MiT, 2nd senior, day 5

My 2nd senior and I met for lunch at the RSM dining room, and we went to work after that. She finished the 2 prints that we started last time. Eventually I'll take a picture of her prints and post them. I think she's having a good time...wanted to know if she could make more than 6 prints. So I suggested 8 and she seemed happy with that.

And despite everyone complaining about the food at the dining room, I thought it was pretty good! Lunch was a somewhat comical affair with everyone either hard of hearing or a little confused, or both. Kitchen is kosher, but I guess hardly anyone actually keeps kosher, so there were complaints about that. All in all, my senior #2 was in excellent spirits and consoled one of our dining companions that she shouldn't worry about what other people say. A very sensible lady, my senior #2. I'm dubbing her my Rock Star. (See this entry on our previous meet.)

Tomorrow, I'll meet with my senior #1 (I think I'll call her my Mercury), and see how it goes. We'll be doing watercolors; the day crept up on me and I did not prepare for it yet. I'll have to do it tomorrow. Today was one of those days where I just went from one thing to the next; and tomorrow will be more or less the same.

My #3 senior, whom I have met but haven't started working yet, told me that she's having a very important birthday coming up. I thought she was going to be 80, or maybe 90 (she walks around just with a cane, and hasn't got too many wrinkles), turns out, she's gonna be 100! I'll call her my Birthday Star.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, ask her for some beauty and health advice!

Shumei

gl. said...

i'm amused you're naming everyone a star. i'm imagining names for the project like "gocco galaxy," or "shu-ju's universe" or "senior constellations."

Michael5000 said...

I like that you have a senior named "rock star." It makes me think of Mick Jagger.

fingerstothebone said...

Maybe I AM working with Mick Jagger...but my lips are sealed.