Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pillow Book I, day 6

No pictures today, but finished the pillow cases. Noticed that I melted some of the tulle along the edges, but I think it'll be ok. Started practicing doing the rolled hem business on the serger, the stitch I'll use to make the pillow forms. (I checked our pillows, the real pillows, and that seems to be how the edges are finished so I'm doing the same.) Just finishing the pillow cases took 5 hours! It's amazing how long things take, even when you're using a machine. There was some hand sewing involved, and of course a lot of ironing. But still, I'm amazed that it took 5 hours. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish a couple of the pillow forms tomorrow. I do have some appts and a meeting to get ready for, so I'm not expecting a whole lot of work. See this entry for day 5.

The Random Movie tonight was Atonement, a tragic romance, so of course I loved it.

No comments: