Saturday, December 08, 2007

Yippy!

I got my grant! The grant that I was applying for back in August. Got the letter this afternoon. I only got through the first sentence, "congratulations!" before I picked up the phone and called Mike. So that was the big news for today. And I'm so over the feeling sorry for myself part.

On other fronts, picked up my stuff from City Hall, and realized that I couldn't pick up my chicken hat until tomorrow (so no chicken hat picture tonight). Finally took the serger out for some real work. I think the free fabrics (both knits) will not work, I'll need to get some other fabric for the pillow forms. Probably need a special foot for knits. I did work a project that I've been meaning to do for a while though: converted some ripped up old bath towels into washcloths.

The Random Movie tonight was The Golden Compass. There were lots of critters that talked, so of course I loved it.

In the weird stuff category—I heard from someone that I hadn't heard from since probably 1984. She read the NYT column on the gocco and googled me. It took me a little bit to figure out who she was. But the weird thing was, apparently she named her cat after me!

6 comments:

anjali said...

Congratulations on your grant! What wonderful news, so happy for you!

xo,A.

Michael5000 said...

W00t!

Maybe you need an "exhultant and triumphant" tag to balance the "feeling sorry for myself" tag.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the grant! It sounds like a great project, so you deserve it.

Plus, how many of us can say we've had a cat named after us? You're just awash in honors.

fingerstothebone said...

Everyone, thank you!

Mike's reaction, upon hearing news of the cat, was that "somewhere there's a Shu-Ju clawing the sofa and licking her butt!"

Bridget said...

Woo-Hoo!! Congratulations on the grant! And on the pillow book progress.

And please do post a chicken hat pic. I've been thinking I need to have a funny hat party in the blogosphere . . .

Oh! And I definitely want to schedule a printing on food b-day party with you! (Of course, my b-day isn't until May, but I'm a planner . . .)

fingerstothebone said...

Bridget,

Thanks! Yes, I keep meaning to put up a picture of the chicken hat, but I never remember until it's late at night, and the light just isn't great. I'll get around to it one of these days. I've been wearing it when I go out on my walks, and it is a conversation starter alright. And I'm all for planning early, as far as b-day parties go!