Saturday, September 22, 2007

Everything's coming up roses...

I probably shouldn't sing this song until my eggs hatch, or whatever the saying is.

But, I do have a few good things to report, the Press Trifecta Plus, of sorts --

1) I was notified today that 2 of my 4 entries were accepted into the 500 Handmade Books book, provided that they don't run into trouble while laying out the book and need to unaccept my accepted entries.

2) A reporter for the Asian Reporter is coming over for a visit tomorrow. I hadn't figured that they would visit me this year, since they did a feature 3 years ago, but I guess that was long enough ago. This is part of Portland Open Studios' publicity machine, all thanks to Bonnie Meltzer.

3) Another reporter from the Tribune emailed and wants to do a studio visit next week. Sounds good to me. Thanks to Bonnie again.

4) Now, this one, I can't quite say yet, because I don't want to jinx it. I'm sure it's one of those things where they'll talk to 20 people and then pick and choose what/who they will include, but when they first contacted me, I started hyperventilating. Now keep your fingers crossed that I don't sound like a idiot during the interview.

More PR stuff for the Open Studios today -- Debra arranged to have a bunch of artists show and talk about their work at the LO New Seasons this afternoon. I had the noon-2pm shift. It was pretty slow to start, but got better by the end of my shift. I noticed the next 2 artists were pretty busy talking to folks later. Played around with the web site's Classes page some more. I think I'm done for the time being.

Definitely have to start making my next print Real Soon Now...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the series put out by Lark? I've seen a couple of them, they are really nice. More congratulations! Pretty soon I should be able to drop your name in my conversations!

fingerstothebone said...

Yeah, that's part of the Lark Books series on arts and crafts. Drop my name anytime!

gl. said...

all right, shu-ju! good things come in waves. looking forward to seeing the books & the stories featuring you! and i am crossing my fingers & holding my breath for the super-secret interview. good luck!

Michael5000 said...

Woo-hoo, Shu-ju!

That means I will either comment frequently on the blog of, or be married to, the artists of 4 out of 500 of the 500 Handmade Books!

fingerstothebone said...

Hey, maybe Mr. 5000 is the lucky charm that got us both into 500 Handmade Books?

Nah...