Monday, September 10, 2007

Yet another new toy!

My new-to-me Canon Rebel XTi showed up today. Didn't have much of a chance to play with it, just made sure that all my Canon accessories do indeed work with it, and took a few shots. Just found one issue -- things do not come into focus through the viewfinder, although the focus indicator does come on.

But, turns out, I'm quite the dinosaur and it's quite fancy-pants -- there's this dioptric adjustment you make to the viewfinder, and voila, things now come into focus! So far so good!

Worked on the silk road flowers site some more, and more credit card research. And that was the day.

2 comments:

Sundry said...

Oh boy. Yes. I actually took my Nikon N65 SLR to a camera shop to have it fixed, only to be told about that viewfinder adjustment. Blush!

fingerstothebone said...

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one! I double checked my EOS Elan IIe (non-digital, circa 1997), and it did not have that little feature. I thought, phew, at least I wasn't totally out to lunch, it IS new.