Saturday, September 15, 2007

Long day with lots of activities

Lots of phone calls/chit chats about classes, events; picked up my negatives and CD from Citizens, but haven't had a chance to take a look yet (this is the film from the 60's and 70's that I just had processed, and am hoping to use for the Tennessee show); picked up all my framed pieces from Rake Art in time for the reporters studio visits next week and for Portland Open Studios; went to Alex's reception at OHSU for the official unveiling of her large fused glass privacy screen (beautiful screen, wonderful food, visited with lots of folks); more work on the silk road flowers site.

For the Tennessee show, now I'm thinking of making books in the form of pillows; I like the idea of something that cradles the head; and also, it would give me a structure where pages can be turned. My original quilt idea didn't give me the option of having pages that could be turned. And that's actually important, because I want the image to disappear as the pages are turned. This will happen because the pages will be made of organza or tulle; stacked up and printed with the same image, the image will be visible. But as you turn the pages, there are fewer and fewer pages stacked up, and the image becomes less and less readable.

The day just flew by and I'm done!

No comments: