Friday, September 28, 2007

Let me gush about the weather for just a moment...

Yes, a whole extra entry just so I can finish sipping my coffee and gush about this fabulous Portland rain!

Yes, the rain has arrived, and that makes me happy. Especially when it's accompanied by a breeze; that's the best kind.

I love that cool, moist breeze that comes in through the window and hitting me in the face. It feels wonderful as I'm falling asleep and as I'm waking up.

The breeze makes the venetian blind clink against the window, and it sounds like wind chimes.

The plants like it too.

OK, enough gushing, and my coffee is almost gone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. Fall is definitely in the air here in Kansas, but we don't get that lovely northwestern rain. sigh...

gl. said...

i feel less bad about the rain now. i had forgotten some of its good qualities, fearing the winter gloom when it seems like we had so little summer. but everything is better in fall, including the first days of rain. :)

Michael5000 said...

The first rains are always lovely. It is, to be sure, hard not to mourn the lifestyle restrictions that come with the wet season. On the other hand, rain does encourage activities in the Great Indoors, which is good for the creative life. Plus, it's fun to wear sweatshirts.

fingerstothebone said...

I love the rain any time. I think mostly it springs from my laziness to water the yard. But I do love the feel of moisture in the air. Eastern Oregon is lovely to visit, but I'm always happy to be back where there's plenty of water!